Viruses that cause airborne diseases are small enough to cling to the air. They hang on dust particles, moisture droplets, or in the breath until they are picked up. When you breathe airborne viruses in, they take up residence inside you. You can also pick up viruses when you touched an infected surface, and then touch your own eyes, nose, or mouth. Because these virus diseases travel in the air, they’re hard to control. That’s why people search for a solution named negative ion generators to find out “Do negative ion generators work for viruses?”
Related post: Best Negative Ion Generators for Viruses.
Note: If you need answer for common questions of negative ion generator, please read our negative ion generator FAQs.
MOST COMMON AIRBORNE VIRUSES
Today, there are many diseases are spread through the air. Before we get a proper answer of Do negative ion generators work for viruses, we must know what kind of viruses to combat with.
- The common cold: Millions of cases of the common cold occur each year in the United States. Most adults get two or three colds a year. Children tend to get them more frequently. There are many viruses that can cause a cold, but it’s usually a rhinovirus.
- Influenza: The seasonal “flu” virus spreads easily from person to person. There are many strains of the flu, and it continually changes to adapt to the human immune system. If you have a weakened immune system for any reason, you can spread it to others for longer than that.
- Chickenpox: It is caused by the varicella-zoster virus. If you have chickenpox, you can spread it for about 48 hours before you get the telltale rash show. It takes up to 21 days after exposure for the disease to develop.
- Measles: This illness is caused by contact with a person who has the measles virus, or by inhaling particles from their sneezes or cough.
DO NEGATIVE ION GENERATORS WORK FOR VIRUSES?
If the home is contaminated with microscopic viruses, they will simply re-circulate throughout the home, because your home is safe and closed, and the viruses have no way to escape. Therefore, you will breathe in the contaminated air and are at a high risk of catching a cold or flu.
In order to eliminate these viruses, negative ion generators can be run inside the home to capture these particles. The best negative ion generators on the market that specialize in defeating the spread of viruses are those that feature a True HEPA filter to clean the air.
Also, if your negative ion generator features the technology of Ionizer or UV-C Light filter, these things are the best protector to help you against the viruses.
Notice: You should check the ozone level of your negative ion generator when purchase one with Ionic generator. Some may experience asthma symptoms when exposed to high level of ozone.
The spread of viral infections, cold, and flu viruses is something that concerns all home owners. The health of residents inside the home and the prevention of the spread of viruses are important issues and should be taken seriously by homeowners. The correct use of negative ion generators that contain a True HEPA filter or specialty negative ion generators with Ionic generator or UV Light filter are helpful for the quality of indoor air. By investing in such negative ion generators, a home’s indoor air can be safer and healthier for your breathe.
However you should consider to keep hygiene and sanitary habits to further prevent the viruses. Wearing a hospital mask in public, and covering sneezes and coughs with tissue, are some of the good recommended habits. Even regular hand-washing can also help lower the spread of bodily fluids that may contain disease-causing germs.
List of best negative ion generators in 2019
- 1, Best Negative Ion Generator list (2019 version)
- 2, Best Negative Ion Generators for Allergies and Asthma
- 3, Best Negative Ion Generators for Bedroom
- 4, Best Negative Ion Generators for Smoke
- 5, Best Negative Ion Generators for Dust
- 6, Best Negative Ion Generators for Mold
- 7, Best Large Room Negative Ion Generators